Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Huge Thank You

One of the best treasures about blogging has been
YOU!
I have enjoyed getting the opportunity to meet
and get to know so many wonderful and talented people!
Each one of you are richly unique and lovely!
For the past year, my blog friends
names have been spoken around my house
on an almost daily basis! 
I have been blessed to lift so many up in prayer
and likewise have been blessed by many of your prayers.

I love following
 the lives of families,
the births of babies,
the pursuit of dreams,
the yummy recipes,
the creative projects,
and on
and on!

Each of you are a blessing to me!

One such blogger is my friend Christine
over at Vista Women.
Christine is such an example of God's
hands and feet here on earth.
She is always looking for creative ways to lift up others.
Her positive and sweet ways spill over
 to her family, friends, work associates
and the lives of all the high schoolers she
touches daily at work.
Right before Christmas I received a surprise
package in the mail.
It was from Christine!
I opened it and to my delight she had
made me a wonderful new apron!
I love aprons!
She creatively made this from a tea towel!
It even has a handy pocket sewn in around the top!
It not only matches my kitchen, but also Mom's!
(in photo above!)
Close up of the cupcake decal, isn't it adorable!

Thank you Christine for this gift!
I have been blessed!

Thank you to each of you for your gift of friendship!
Stay warm and have a great day!




12 comments:

Judy@judyfriendphotography.com said...

How cute is that. Does it mean since there is a cupcake on the apron that you now need to make cupcakes? Yummy in the tummy if you do.

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

How sweet of her! The people in blogland ARE the best!
Kelly

Wendy said...

What a great gift and it is adorable. Makes me want to bake! We are so lucky to have such wonderful people in blogland!

Christine said...

You make the apron look cute.
Yes, blog buddies are so heart warming.
And fun to get to know.
Thanks my friend, you are special to me.

Melissa said...

That is adorable. How cute and sweet. People are just so great. This little bloggy world is just another reminder of that.

Anonymous said...

Awwww... how cute is that!!! It reminds me of things that Mom Mom used to do in her hey-day. Very special, indeed. Aunt Theta

corners of my life said...

I have enjoyed getting the opportunity to meet
and get to know you as well.
Mary

Sue said...

I couldn't have said it better. Bloggers are a wonderful community of kind and generous people. I love the apron, you must have been so excited.

Gloria said...

Hi, Dee Dee! I have to read your previous post, to see what's going on in that little house!!! I LOVE seeing EVERY nuance of your "up-do's" on that cottage! But, I have read this post, and I think it is so nice of you to get your 'present' from Christine. I will visit her blog. What a nice person to give you such a nice gift, and you are a great person to do a post on it in gratitude! Oh, how I wish people would show more gratitude in life! So good for you! I will be back later to see your updates on the cottage! (you previous post!) I am now off to Christine's! :)
Best,
Gloria

Jane said...

You look adorable in your apron. I so agree with you....Christine is a wonderful blog friend. There are so many I put in that category, you included!
Have a great day.
Jane

Sue said...

Just stopping in to say hi!

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

Hi Dee Dee,
Thanks for stopping by! I wish I could find one of those types of baby stores. I'd be knocking on their door with my arms full of sets! lol
We don't have any around here so I'm stuck with Etsy. Not going to well. I just thought I could create and play with pretty fabric and get paid for it.
Oh well, the slipcover business is doing GREAT.
Kelly